Reserved! w/ Chef Michael Platt
Posted on 20 February 2018
Meet Chef Michael Platt!
Michael is a 12 year old baker from Bowie MD. Michael has been baking since he was 9 and started his company, Michaels Desserts, at 11. Inspired by TOMS shoes, from the beginning of his business Michael has used a 1-for-1 business model. For every dessert a customer purchases the company donates a dessert to someone in need. Michael wants to eventually open a bakery/retail space where people can come and enjoy a sweet treat.
5 Fun Facts about Chef Michael
- Whats your best creation? My best baking dessert was my camping themed s’mores stuffed cupcakes.
- What's your worst kitchen disaster? My worst kitchen disaster was when I burned mini tart shells.
- Whats your go to comfort meal? My go to comfort meal is peach tart.
- What type cuisine do you cook? I am a baker.
- What might surprise people about you? People might be surprised to hear that I was diagnosed with Epilepsy a few years ago and baking has been a huge part of helping me cope and heal.
Find him on Social Media